Saturday, October 13, 2012

some new stuff

Some new items in the sewing room.....



 These are fabric origami and were fun to make.  The top photo is the back and the bottom photo is the front.   Now, I'm a bit of klutz but the directions were excellent and this is what I came up with on my first try.    I found the tutorial here.


This is our winter door hanger.  I used DMC #115 for the first time and quite liked  the effect.  The design was from The Stitcherhood.

These are baby blankies that I've finally finished .....


3 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

YAY!! On all the cute finishes!!! Well done!!

Carol said...

You've certainly been busy, Kate--your little winter door hanger is adorable and I've never heard of fabric origami, but yours turned out great!! Lucky little babies who will be cuddled in your pretty blankets, too :)

Valma said...

wooo, those fabric origami ornaments are amazing =)
great job, and thanks for sharing the link !
I used to make origami with papers, I'll have to try with fabric =)
big hugs
xxx