Sunday, September 8, 2013

Farmers' Market and chokecherries ....

Remember those 3 pails of chokecherries that I previously posted about - we now have 12 jars of jelly and 5 large jars of syrup minus a few that were given away.  It's so delicious.

Helen
posted a recipe for Courgette Flan (aka Zucchini Tarte) on her blog a while back that I had to try.  Oh my, it was so delicious.  Thanks, Helen, for sharing it.  I'd forgotten to save any of the zucchini for garnish so I had to raid the garden for a teeny one - looks pathetic, I know.  We served it with some pickled hot peppers that we'd picked up at a Farmer's Market in a small town,  Grandview,
halfway between home and the cottage.  

4 comments:

Ana Love Craft said...

Hi Kate, both look delicious! I did not begin making my September's jams, the weather must be colder! With courgettes I make a delicious dish.
I break the courgettes in half, take off the crumb and make a cooked with minced meat and crumb stuffing the halves. Put grated cheese on top and take the oven browning.
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs and love from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com








Unknown said...

Mmm looks delicious.

Carol said...

Both look very tempting! We only got one zucchini this entire summer! Not sure what went wrong!

Valma said...

once again you tempt me =)
it seems so delicious
I'll go and have a look at this recipe of the courgette flan !
it can be one idea more for evening meals as we are often searching what to cook !!!!
big hugs
xxx