Friday, January 24, 2014

the eye of the needle ....

The eye of the needle seems to be smaller these days and the needle seems to need re-threading more often ....... some days stitching and/or hand sewing is frustrating.

I've been doing more sewing and made another pair of knit pants.  I'm on a roll since I have a good pattern and some knit fabric.

I decided to do less cross stitching since I already have so many stitched pieces and work on something different.  This door hanger is my latest project  along with the angel stitcheryThe door hanger is already hanging up and I'm not sure how I'm going to finish the angel - there are a few options rolling around in my head.  The door hanger would be nice appliqued - something to think about for the next one.  I 'grunged' it with cinnamon so that it smells nice.... The Man of the House commented that he could smell something baking - silly man.







This is officially seed catalogue time in our neck of the woods - we start dreaming about and planning our gardens for spring.  I've spent a few hours with this catalogue and I'm ready to order. 

10 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

The door hanger finish is really cute!!!

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Love your cute little door hangar Kate -- you're so creative. The angel is darling too. Maybe he should be behind a simple frame? I'm sure it will look lovely no matter how you finish it. Enjoy dreaming of spring - we could sure use some around here ;)

sew.darn.quilt said...

Sweet hanger, I LOVE the scent of cinnamon. A good way to keep Mr. guessing too!
I'm pondering seeds as well over the past few days. We're not sure about a veggie garden this year but flowers are a definite.

Timi said...

Your door hanger looks so lovely! I like its color!

Anthea said...

Hi Kate - you are doing well to have to catalogue for seeds - I can't even keep tough-as-boots Aus native plants going, sometimes!!

Unknown said...

Love your door hanger!

Ana Love Craft said...

Hi Kate, so lovely the birds and the angel! I love that kind of embroidery! Unfortunately I only have indoor plants, but love gardens so much.
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Valma said...

hahaha, the man of the house makes me laugh =D
Reminds me of mine !!!! often thinking with his stomach =D
I used to have a shower milk smelling chocolate and he had the same kind of comments =)
your door hanger is very pretty, once again the fabrics you used are perfect and very beautiful
well done on both pieces =)
Spring.....hooooo...I'm dreaming of Spring too
it seems that winter is only settling ! we even had some snow yesterday but it didn't stay !
I hope I'll have some beautiful things in my garden too this year :)
enjoy (and don't order too much =D)
xxxxxx

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Very nice saying on your door hanger and nicely stitched too. We received the same seed catalogue and just placed our order this week :)

Maria said...

Love your door hanger, Kate! I guess after the winters that you have there, dreaming of spring and what you can plant, must be special. Here, our average winter temps are 17 C which is about 62F...and we still whinge it's cold! lol My veggie patch does much better in winter as the insect pests aren't around then.