Thursday, August 13, 2015

5 minute dill pickles ....

We're in the midst of a heatwave that's been enjoyable since the humidity is low and there haven't been any wicked storms either!  ^^

With the weekend coming up and cucumbers in the garden being plentiful here's a quick and easy recipe for dill pickles courtesy of Chatelaine .  These are delicious and don't last long in our fridge.  Best part is they can be made from the mini cucumbers that are available year round.




 5 Minute Dill Pickles
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup water
½ cup granulated sugar
1½ teaspoon kosher (pickling) salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
3 mini cucumbers sliced into quarters lengthwise (I use 4)

Boil vinegar with water, sugar and salt in a small saucepan.  Remove from heat.  Pour over cucumber spears and dill in a large bowl.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.


4 comments:

Timi said...

I love dill pickles!!! Thank you for the recipe! :o)

Carol said...

Sounds quick, easy, and tasty, Kate--thanks for the recipe. I've just become addicted to putting pickles on my sandwiches--what a treat!

Tangos Treasures said...

Yummy!! I do my cucumber salad close to that recipe!

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you SO much for the recipe! I never have enough pickles, and I never have enough time to make them. This will solve both problems!