Wednesday, August 9, 2017

pressing time .....

I could try to convince you that this is the iron that I use at the cabin -  methinks you're not that gullable - believe it or not, it's an electric iron - Dulux brand - as heavy as all get out - would make an ideal tailor's clapper if one had a solid surface underneath it - at the cabin it's used for a door stop.





The x-stitch is a sampler I made several years ago and had framed  it - I decided to remove it from the frame and haven't come up with a better idea for it yet.  This photo was taken following a heavy rain that left the petunias looking quite bedraggled - they bounced back quickly and very nicely. 



Just look at how tall these daisies are - I'm most impressed with them! 


My fella added this weathered old window frame (sans glass) and  a window box he made  from odds 'n ends of wood to dress up the garden shed at the cabin - I love it.  I added some wooden tulips that my late dad made many years ago ...




some days you just have to create your own sunshine

13 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Fun, old iron, different than the ones i see in the antique stores. Love the window box, I really need to do more landscaping and get my yard more organized for nicer spaces.

Debbie

butterfly said...


Love your old Iron and window box , looks a nice place to relax.

Brigitte said...

I know this kind of iron from when I was a child.My grandmother had such an electric iron and used it, but it truly was very heavy. So it's ideal to be used as a door stop, lol.
It will be interesting to see what you will come up with for the sampler.
Great window frame on the wall of the garden shed. A very lovely sight. And very creative with the wooden tulips.

Maria said...

Wow! When I first saw the photo of the old iron I thought it was the type that you heated on the stove/range...but it's electric. In Australia, Dulux is a brand of house paint.
Your garden is looking lovely and I love the window box with the wooden tulips...how special are they!

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the addition of the window frame and box to the shed! Well done! Your sampler is pretty. Perhaps a quilted wall hanging as a finish for the sampler. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

allthingzsewn said...

Love your husbands addition to the garden shed what a perfect place for you Dad's tulips.
Your sampler is gorgeous, you have to show it some how. Anxious to see where.

Carol said...

Oh, I love the window frame idea, Kate! I actually have an old window frame in the basement that I could use for something like that--if I can get my husband on board :)

Looks like you are having a very restful summer!

Jenny and Robin said...

How lovely to use the wooden tulips made by your Dad from years ago - a lovely family memory.

Anthea said...

What a great item to have Kate! I bet it radiated a lot of heat back when it was working... nice decor on the shed, great idea with the window frame x

Helen Philipps said...

Your sampler is lovely. You could back it with fabric and use it as a wall hanging. Those daisies are amazingly tall! Love the garden shed idea. Happy week! Xox

Anonymous said...

The window and tulips are great! So nice to have a man who is handy. =) Your cabin looks so delightful and peaceful - a perfect rest from hustle and bustle.

Tangos Treasures said...

Cool iron!! My Mom has some but not electric. The cabin is coming along nicely!

Timi said...

Love the window with the tulips!!!